Holy Family Church Tundla
HISTORY

The Church of the Holy Family was built in 1856 chiefly to look after the spiritual needs of railway employees consisting of Europeans and Anglo-Indians. Until 1967 this Church was visited by a priest from Agra to conduct services on Sundays and feast days. In course of time the work of the Church developed and extended its services to the nearby villages. Many hundreds were baptized into the faith. Unfortunately these people became apostates. Fr. Pious, Fr. Peter Celestine, Fr, Clement and Fr. Francis Lobo worked in the parish up to 1970. On June 28, 1970 Rev. r. K. C. Thomas was appointed resident priest. On July 3, 1972 he opened Christ the King English medium school in a rented building. Later in September 1972 four Franciscan Sisters o St. Joseph from Madras arrived to lend a helping hand to the Parish Priest. Gradually the members of the Convent increased to seven. In 1978 Christ the King School was shifted from the rented building to the place owned by the Archdiocese on the Agra-Kanpur Highway. The school was upgraded to a High School in 1985. On November 6, 1980 Most Rev. Dominic Athaide, blessed the foundation stone of St. Joseph’s Convent. The foundation stone for St. Dominic’s Health Centre was laid by Rev. Fr. K. C. Thomas.

Other Details
Address: Gandhipuram, Tundla 283204

Phone: 05612-227197, 229230

Patron/ess: Holy Family

Parish Priest: None

Mobile: None

Established Year: 1856

Number of Catholics: 132

Mass Centre