Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Agra
HISTORY

The present stately Cathedral is dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. The construction work was begun in 1846 by Rt. Rev. Dr.Joseph Anthony Borghi, O.c., the Vicar- Apostolic of Tibet-Hindustan and wassolemnly blessed by him on January 1, 1848. The architect of the Cathedral wasRev. Fr. Bonaventure, an Italian from Florence.

In 1857 the Church was extensively damaged during the First Warof Independence. The magnificent High Altar which was donated by Messrs John& Co. was consecrated with great solemnity by the Most Rev. Dr. Gentili,o.c., in December 1899. The beauty of the Church was further enhanced by pavingits floor with white and black marble slabs and replacing the six plasteraltars at the side with marble ones. The Cathedral has been renovated under thedirections of Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Albert D'Souza and Rev. Fr. JohnFerreira in 2013.

Other Details
Address: Cathedral House, Wazirpura Road, Agra 282003

Phone: 0562-2851318

Patron/ess: Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

Parish Priest: None

Mobile: None

Established Year: 1848

Number of Catholics: 1500

Mass Centre The Church of Pieta, Agra