Nishkalanka Mata Mission Jaith
HISTORY

It was some time in 1943 that Brother Xavier Braganza on one of his mission tours to Sirsa, came across a man named Mangu fromJaith. Mr. Mangu used to frequent Sirsa as he hada relation in that villagethrough marriage. He was very inquisitiveabout Christianity and its teachings which ultimately led him to have severalrounds of dialogues with the Brothers.A few days later, a group of leaders from that villageled by Mr. Mangu met the Brothersat Mathura Cantt and expressed their willingness to be instructed in the Christian doctrine. The enthusiasm of the people touched the hearts of the Brothers. InDecember 1945, before the Feast of the Nativity, the first batchof 317 people was received into the Church.

Fr. Gyan Prakash,IMS located a plot of land in Jaith in1962. Brother Hubert who was at that time in Chandu Ka Nagla helpedto purchase three acres of land for the Church. Onthis very land today, stands the Church, Convent, School and Hostel. Atthe time of the Most. Rev. Dominic Athaide, Fr. Virender builtthe Nishkalanka Mata Church in 1968. Inthe same year at the request of the Archbishop, AssisiSisters of Mary Immaculate came to help in the village ministry. The hospital wasbuilt in 1972 with the aid of Catholics of WestGermany through the Indo German Social Service Society. The first resident priest of Jaith was Fr. Joseph D'Souza. Fr. Stephen K. andFr. Mathew Kumblumoottil succeededhim respectively. Assisi Sistersof Mary Immaculate withdrew their Sisters from Jaith in 1983.

On July26, 1988 Sisters of the Congregation of Jesus and Maryarrived in Jaith. Fr. Varghese started Nishkalanka MataSchool on July 12, 1990. Fr. Joseph Dabre opened a boarding for poorboys in 1992. On February3, 2000 the Most Rev. Vincent Concessaolaid the foundation stone for Nishkalanka MataHostel. Fr. Eugene Lazarusstarted the work of the hostelwhich was continued andcompleted by Fr. Andrew and blessed by the Most Rev. OswaldGracias on August 15, 2001. Fr.Sunny K. and Fr. Joseph Rodrigues followed by Fr. Andrew were Parish Priests.

Other Details
Address: Jaith P.O. Mathura Dt. 281402

Phone: 8273027999

Patron/ess: Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

Parish Priest: None

Mobile: None

Established Year: 1968

Number of Catholics: 189

Mass Centre