St. Joseph's Church Greater Noida
HISTORY

In 1993, the Greater Noida Development Authority allotted a plot of 6.36 acres to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Agra. Rev. Fr. Johnson Chiriyankandath, the then Parish Priest of Noida signed the lease deed on 22nd April 1994. The construction of the first phase of the school building began in May 1995. On 19th March 2000, the mission was inaugurated and the first phase of the school building was blessed by the Most Rev. Vincent Concessao, the then Archbishop of Agra. Rev. Fr. Mathew Kumblumoottil is the pioneer of the mission.


On Saturday 8th April 2000, the then District Magistrate, Mr. Deepak Kumar, IAS inaugurated the first academic session of the school. The Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of Graces were invited to work in the parish and school in April 2000. The Pilar Fathers and the Ursuline Sisters of Mary Immaculate joined in June -July 2000 respectively. Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany established a convent and a vocational training centre in 2005. The Congregation of the Teresian Carmelites joined the parish community in 2008 and the Pilar Sisters in 2010. Jesus and Mary Convent School was established in 2008.

Other Details
Address: Pocket D, Alpha 1, G.B. Nagar (Dt.) Greater Noida- 201308

Phone: 0120-2326113/2326114

Patron/ess: St. Joseph, the Husband of Mary

Parish Priest: None

Mobile: None

Established Year: 2000

Number of Catholics: 1500

Mass Centre Surajpur