St. Peter's Mission Abroad
HISTORY

In 1959 around 18 families of the villages Ochatta and Bhitela (Near Raya in Mathura District) came to Bhimnagar and settled there. Fr. Ishwari Prasad IMS was the pioneer  missionary who lived with them in a hut. In 1965 a house was built by Fr. Dilasa IMS and Fr. Virender IMS which is now known as St. Peter's Church, Bhimnagar. In 1971, Fr. Jose Maliekal was appointed as Priest In-charge. From July 1972 to 1980, Brother Ruban, Fr. John Joseph and others of the Capuchin Ashram rendered their services. From 1980, priests from the Cathedral Campus took charge of this mission, including Fr. Joe Vadakkekara, Fr. Varghese Kunnath, Fr. John Ferreira and others. Religious Sisters too accompanied the priests to the mission, namely San Damiano Convent, Missionaries of Charity, Fatima Hospital, etc. Fr. Jose Maliekal served the mission from 1984 to 1987. Later, the mission was taken care of by the priests in the Minor Seminary. 

From 1995 Frs. Varghese Kunnath, Raphy Vallachira, Alwyn Pinto and Vinoy Pulivelil rendered their service to this mission. 


The Church was reconstructed under the guidance of Fr. Alwyn Pinto then Priest in-charge and blessed by the Most Rev. Dr. Albert D'Souza, on June 28, 2009. In 2012, Fr. Jose Malieckal was appointed as the first resident Priest In-charge. Santvana Community joined the Parish Community on August 10, 2013.

Other Details
Address: Bhimnagar, Farah (P.O.), Mathura Dt. Bhim Nagar

Phone: 8755644155

Patron/ess: St. Peter

Parish Priest: None

Mobile: None

Established Year: 1959

Number of Catholics: 125

Mass Centre None